While you may not be able to transform your habits overnight, you (yes, you) can improve your diet today and for the next few days.
It’s just 10 days. You can do anything you decide for 10 days (and you decided well by taking this Challenge).Your Future Self
What real food looks like
Nuts and Seeds
Just not the sweetened ones
Beans and Legumes
Perhaps the most underrated food!
Wild caught, if you can
Eggs, Poultry, Meat
Upgrade to free-range or grass-fed, if able.
Unrefined and unprocessed
(and may we suggest full-fat?).
Olive oil, avocado oil, and butter cover all the bases.
Water, tea, or coffee
Real food swap
• Full-fat, plain yogurt with add-it-yourself-fruit instead of fruit-flavored, low-fat yogurt
• Whole fruit instead of fruit juice
• Water, sparkling water, unsweetened coffee, or unsweetened tea instead of soda, diet soda, coffee drinks, energy drinks, or sports drinks
• Coffee with unsweetened cocoa powder and cream instead of sweetened coffee drinks
• Regular milk (whatever fat level you prefer) instead of flavored milk
• A handful of nuts and a piece of whole fruit instead of protein or breakfast bars
• Hummus instead of processed snack dips
• Homemade kale chips instead of potato or corn chips
• Roasted, seasoned chickpeas instead of snack mixes
• Stove-popped popcorn popped in avocado, olive, or coconut oil, seasoned any way you like it (sans sugar, of course) instead of microwave popcorn or processed snacks
• Lettuce instead of bread, tortillas, or wraps
• Cucumber slices instead of crackers
• Roasted sweet potatoes instead of french fries
• A simple vinaigrette instead of bottled salad dressings
• Ground almonds instead of breadcrumbs
• Spaghetti squash instead of pasta
• Spiralized vegetables (like zucchini, carrot, or cucumber noodles) instead of pasta
• Brown or wild rice instead of white rice
• Cauliflower rice instead of rice
• Dark chocolate (>70% cacao) instead of candy or dessert
Plan for success. What real food will you eat today (or tomorrow)? Can you prep or pack any of it now?
Visit the Challenge forum. Tell us what real food you ate today.